Monday, November 29, 2010

it's been a while....

Well. Thanksgiving is over and like I suspected, I had about zero time to write. And here I thought I might finish my last book in November. Oh, well. It's been a harder road than the others--so much happens, and i have so many loose ends to tie up. So far, only one major surprise for me...writing along and I'm like, "what? where did that come from? oh, crap, how is that going to affect the plot? now I'm going to have to twist and turn everything even more so it meets at the right spot, ie, the end." Well, I guess I can't plan everything. I know some people believe in that, but I'm not of that school of thought. I'm more of a go with the flow sort. So I'm going.
I know generally what happens for the rest of the book, but getting it all down and making all the stories meet at the right time is a difficult thing for me. Plus, when new plot twists pop onto the screen as if by magic, it makes things even harder! I mean, sheesh. Things seem to be getting further apart instead of closer together. And I'm already fifty pages past the longest one of my other books. So we'll see. I'm either going to have a really long last book or have to split it in two. I'm just going to write the whole thing out before I decide. I have a pretty good shift midway through, so if I need to, I can split the book. And seven is a good number for a series. However, it would take some major tweakage of the new beginning and I'd have to add in backstory. So who knows. Maybe just a clunker of a last book.
Well, I should get back to my hungry vampires....

No comments:

Post a Comment