Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Numbers and New Year's Resolutions

Well, I dont have much writing news, as I have been taking a break for the holidays. It always makes me feel somewhat guilty to stop writing, but honestly, it's just too hard. So many people around, and when I manage to sneak off unobserved to write, I feel like an alcoholic sneaking off with a bottle of wine or something. So I get the guilt either way, only if I try to write, I have assorted other people to answer to, not just myself.
So I've read a bit of my writing, a little proofreading of my more immature stuff I wrote a long time ago, but I haven't been writing. But soon, soon.
So I thought I'd do my agent quest totals so far. They don't look very encouraging, I know. But it's a long hard road, so I'm sticking with it a little bit longer. Here's how things stand now.
Query letter revisions: countless, but I've sent out 3 different versions, and I have a new one for after the new year starts.
Query letters sent via snailmail: 5
Query responses via snailmail: 2
Queries sent via email: 23
Query responses via email: 5 (all canned)
Requests for partials: 0
Requests for fulls: 0

Yes, it looks quite sad. But my goal for the new year is to query all the agents on my list (60ish) for fantasy, finish my YA book, and query the agents on my YA query list. Oh, and I'm sure I'll need a new, thicker skin for Christmas next year, so someone put that on their shopping list please.

Happy New Year All!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck scouting for an agent. I've learned so much from researching a few online. It helps just to get your work out there as you have--to take the risk.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete