Monday, December 20, 2010

And it's on to the next one...

So I finished my book. Now what? Do I begin to polish to a shine all the pages of my last seven books? Do I reread them for obvious things I missed, loose ends and discrepencies? Do I pine for my characters gone by? Do I begin the dreaded sentence by sentence passive verb/"that" purge? No. I'll tell you what I do. Not what 'real' writers do (because what the heck is a real writer anyway, and what do I know about them?) but what I do.
I start writing the book that's been hanging out in the discreet brainwaves somewhere obscure enough to finish my other series but still prominent enough to annoy the crap out of me.
No idea where it's going, but I have the idea planted pretty well in my brain by now. So here goes nothing. Or who knows, maybe something.

No comments:

Post a Comment