Sunday, November 24, 2013

Scrappy Sunday: Nearly Naked December Daily, Part 1

This is the first year I've decided to participate in the December Daily project that Ali Edwards (and many others) does every year. I don't do mini albums very well, and I love adding lots of pictures, so I went with 8.5x11, which is about as close to mini as I get.



First page and ATC by Paper Studio, holly sticker by ?
Unfortunately, I'm very slow and unorganized about scrapping, so it took me 6 hours yesterday just to get all my Christmas stuff together, decide what order it went in, make sure I had pages for each day, cut them to size and bind them all.

It was also the first time I used my bind-it-all machine, and as you can see, I am still learning it! I punched a bunch of extra holes, messed up on some of them, etc. I think I had it down by the end, but I already had made my album look all sloppy. But I forged ahead anyway, since I didn't have more chipboard for the covers and I wanted to stick with the paper I'd chosen. So it's going to be a messy project! I wasn't very picky about my paper selection, as you can see. I cut some envelopes in half so they'd fit, but most of the pages are full sized layouts and mats that I bound in for extra photos. I probably should have made sure all the tones matched, but I threw a few extras in there that didn't match very well. I have a lot of family birthdays in December, and I didn't want my paper to be too 'Christmas-y' on those days. So there's some pink pastel pages in there as well as more traditional Christmas paper and distressed looking pages.

Added half a silver envelope by DCWV.
I've noticed that most of the December Daily albums I've looked at only go through Christmas, but that's not really daily for all of December, so I continued until New Year's Eve. I will probably leave that page how it is, because I love that paper, and put my pics on the inside of the back cover. If I need more photo space, I can always paste in more envelopes or a waterfall somewhere.
 I haven't done the embellishing yet, so this is probably going to be a 2 or 3 part post. I will post later once I've embellished.














 
Happy scrapping!

1 comment: