Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scrappy Sunday: Exploding Box Project

I have wanted to make one of these since I first saw it months ago. So, I made the cardstock box, but I never did anything with it. I wanted to save it to make for my husband for our anniversary. I saw it on Pinterest, but you really need to check out the tutorial on this website. It is AMAZING, so easy and simple. I followed the directions exactly and it turned out great on the first try.


I finally had to stop procrastinating and make it a couple days before our anniversary. I used a line of 7 gypsies paper, I think it was called Lille? Anyway, I've had it for a while and I love it so much I don't want to used it, if that makes sense! But once I made the box, it was so gorgeous I didn't want to put pictures on it! I also used 7 gypsies ink for the edges of the patterned paper squares. I just used scissors to round all the corners. I will say, if you make this, be prepared to spend a lot of time on it. It takes just about forever to cut out all the paper to decorate it. I loved it so much I took about a million pictures!

I used a nut I found on the ground one day for the lid pull. It gave it a masculine feel. Even though all the boxes I've seen used a ribbon around the lid, I skipped that, as I wanted it to be masculine. I did use heavy duty glue on the lid to hold it together. Enjoy. And go make one!






1 comment: