Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scrappy Sunday bonus!

Okay, so I already posted today, but I have another quick project to squeeze in. This one is a project/challenge from over at my favorite blog, Pagemaps. I absolutely love, love, love the pagemaps on their site, and that they are free for all. Maybe my favorite site for inspiration.

 I also love all the challenges they do over at the blog. Here is the sketch for the challenge this month.

And here is my take on it. I went pretty exact with this one. Did a little bit of torn paper instead of the straight lines, since I wanted to use the light blue horizontal stripe paper, and it was already in my scrap bin, torn. Instead of giving up on it, I used it torn. Then I ripped the edges of the top left square to make it match. My favorite thing about this page is the washers I used. These were all metal washers I found on the ground. I am always picking up things off the ground, and I have quite a collection of scuffed up/grungy/distressed washers I've found around town. So it was great to get to use some, of all different sizes. And they fit perfectly with the pictures of my dude in his hardhat, and helped give the page a masculine feel. I used scrap paper from my bag of scraps for everything on this layout except for the background paper. How great is that? I love it when I can get rid of some of those scraps. I also stapled a little bit of ribbon on there, trying not to get too overboard or girlie with it.


The title sticker is from a 7 gypsies collection.
 Background paper, Paper Studios. 
Top right accent paper: KI memories
Spray ink: SEI
Bottom left paper: Colorbok
other: ribbon, staples, paper, washers, journaling block sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment