Monday, August 5, 2013

Manicure Monday! (Pinterest Project #2)

If you've been following my blog, you know I'm writing personal stuff now, more or less. So, here is the next pin I've done in Project Pinterest. This one was a patriotic nail I did. I actually cheated, because I did this one a while back, for the Fourth of July.

I'm not much of a nail-painter, and I have to say, I'm not very good at it! I tried to do a nail project off Pinterest last year and it was an epic fail. I ended up with spilled vodka and torn up newspaper all over my bathroom floor. This time, I tried for something a little less ambitious. I found a pin with ten patriot nail projects. I picked one that looked relatively easy, abandoned any ideas on making stars, and went for silver instead of white, because that's what I had. I didn't try to get perfect stripes, either. I like this one, because I could totally use it for candy-cane stripes at Christmas, too. Here's how they looked.

I painted a couple coats of silver (Gabriel brand) on first, then did the red stripes. Then added blue (Gabriel again) on a nail of each hand, then free-handed the silver dots. I figured everyone would know what they were supposed to be, even if they weren't perfect little stars!


 The silver polish has a foil-like texture after it dries, and a whole fingernail of paint came off in one big flake the second day! You can see in the bottom pic that the little finger is not painted...it's because the paint fell off! I know they look all sloppy compared to people who use stencils and have fake nails and all that. But, I'm not a professional. I just did it for fun, and I liked the way it turned out. I even did my toes after I finished the fingernails. I felt so festive, and got lots of compliments. I may even do a different one next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment