Here's the recipe:
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
One thing I will say for this recipe is that it was sinfully easy. Even I pulled them off without a hitch. But I cooked mine for 15 minutes, and they didn't look anywhere near as cooked as in the picture. I cooked them another 10 and they still weren't as cooked as the picture shows. So allow extra cooking time. Honestly, these weren't my favorites. They would go well with something like steak and potatoes. But eating them alone, or on my veggie plate, they were definitely lacking. I'd recommend as a side, not a snack.