Sunday, January 27, 2013

Scrappy Sunday: OWSE swaps

Okay, so I've totally failed my NY resolution to blog more...but I'll bring back something I did last year, which was share a little bit of creative scrappiness on Sundays.

This month I joined a couple of swaps over at Outlaw Women's Scrapbook Emporium. I've never done a swap before, so I really hope my swap partner doesn't hate me after this!

I had to make a tag for one of the swaps. The theme was something about resolutions. I started out intending to make it say "Be more me," but I couldn't make up my mind, and nothing seemed to match exactly right, so I decided to just embrace the two things that seemed to be trying to battle it out on the tag. I think most ladies are contradictions, and I decided to just embrace that instead of trying to be one thing or the other. And, my tag kind of reflects that (I hope).

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to decorate the back of the tag as well, but I had a bunch of ugly brad backs showing on the back, so I went ahead with it. I wasn't sure if it had to be along the same lines as the front, but I thought I'd keep the theme and a few elements in common, but I used some different supplies, too. I didn't spend as much time on the back. I was putting my son to bed one evening, and I just thought something about how I don't spend enough time outside really playing anymore. So I went with that for the back, and tried to have another resolution on the back without making it too complicated. Here's the back.

supplies used:
tag, brads, stamps: The Paper Studio
paper: 7 gypsies, ki memories, prima
ink: Ranger Industries
spray ink: sei
letter stickers: making memories, American Crafts
other: flowers, burlap, cardstock, cork, circle sticker, reinforcers








No comments:

Post a Comment