Wednesday, January 20, 2016

MG Book Review: Because of Mr. Terupt

Because of Mr. TeruptBecause of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 stars

This was a cute book that I got to listen to with my son, but I ended up listening to it by myself because I didn't have anything else in the car. It was a cute middle grade read with some issues discussed, though not too in depth. The kids were all very realistic. I especially liked Peter, the hyper 'troublemaker.' He wasn't a bad kid or damaged, just the class clown. He was pretty perfect. The author never goes into his home life like he does other kids' but it didn't make him any less real. I liked the 'girl wars' as well--so realistic. I see that all the time, with girls just feuding with other girls for no good reason! Anyway, overall this was a cute read for kids. It brings up some issues that would be great discussion points for kids, as well--divorce/adultery, single parents, what it means to be a family, etc. I wish I'd listened to this with my son so we could have talked about those things in relation to the book, since sometimes that makes him see things more objectively than when boring old mom says them!

Recommended for: ages 8+



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment