Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Book Review: Nightbird, by Alice Hoffman

NightbirdNightbird by Alice Hoffman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Received from Netgalley for honest review.

This book was such a quick, fun read. It had a magical element, and the whole book has a cool, magical vibe. It was absorbing and I breezed through it pretty quickly in my free minutes. It's a short book, but full of wonderful, well-developed characters and a setting that comes alive. I loved Twig, our young heroine, and wanted to go along on her journey of friendship and self-acceptance. Her mother, though a bit of an antagonist, has her reasons and is not painted as the 'bad guy.' You understand her actions and her desire to protect her family. Each character is rounded and not all good or all bad. I really liked that part of the book, as well as the themes of reconciliation, acceptance, friendship, and family. Overall, this is just a great little book about a quirky town and its residents, including a family with secrets. Well worth reading.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment