Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review Wednesday: Circling the Sun by Paula McLain

Circling the SunCircling the Sun by Paula McLain

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Received from NetGalley for honest review.

I love this author so much. The Paris Wife was one of my favorite books I've read this decade. This one was also good, but I wouldn't say it's quite as good as McLain's first. But considering how much I loved The Paris Wife, it's a small miracle that this one didn't disappoint me in every way. But it didn't. It was good enough that I loved reading it, but it was also so dense that it took me FOREVER to finish. It's definitely one of those books that people call 'an epic saga' even if it's not. Because it is just so long, and covers such a long time, a huge span of this woman's life and a lot of things that happen during it.

I loved all the descriptions of Kenya the most. They were so lovely, as were some of McLain's observations about humans and human nature. It's hard for me to describe such a dense book in a little review. In summary: I love this book, it's beautiful, and you should read it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment