Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist

We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a true storyWe Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a true story by Josh Sundquist

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

This book is kind of a mixed bag for me. I did like it. I liked the main character and his story was interesting. I liked the format of the book, with the MC (Josh) looking at all his relationships and investigating why they failed. And I liked that eventually he admitted to himself that part of the problem was his own perceptions.

However, I really would have liked better answers! I know this is a true story, but sometimes, when he contacted the girls he'd dated to ask why it didn't work out, they didn't give much of an answer. Which I guess is how it works in real life. This is supposed to be a true story, after all. But it didn't make for the most satisfying read. Plus, some of the relationships failed for the most obvious reasons to the reader, but Josh never seemed to realize what had happened. It wasn't clear that he'd learned anything when he looked at the relationships in retrospect.

I did enjoy the little diagrams, and overall, it was a good story. The MC just seemed a little clueless and out of touch with reality.

Overall, this was a fun, fast read that left me with a good feeling. Recommended for all ages, but would probably not appeal to anyone younger than 12 or so.

Content: Nothing objectionable except a few subtle hints about a teenage boy getting, ahem, excited.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment